Trusted, Compassionate Legal Guidance
Amy S. Mello
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Estate Planning & Trust Administration
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- MassHealth Long-Term Care
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law
- Real Estate
Amy Mello is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the State of Rhode Island. She has many years of experience representing clients in the administration of probate estates and trusts, as well as guardianships and conservatorships, for their loved ones. Her work includes the preparation of Massachusetts, Rhode Island and federal estate tax returns.
With over a decade of experience, Amy Mello prepares estate planning documents that are tailored to meet the unique needs, goals and requirements of each individual client. She employs durable powers of attorney (DPOA), health care proxies, specialized trusts, wills, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations, as they are needed and appropriate. She has also assisted organizations in obtaining tax exempt status, as well as preparing annual filings with the Attorney General's Office Non-Profit Organizations Division, and in the end, with administrative dissolution petitions.
Her regular practice also includes MassHealth long-term care applications, civil litigation, real estate, family law and divorce, both contested and uncontested. Amy Mello has represented clients in Rhode Island and all throughout Massachusetts, including Martha's Vineyard and Cuttyhunk. She has appeared on behalf of, and represented, the Town of Gosnold in Superior and Land court actions.
Amy Mello is a local attorney from Mattapoisett, Massachusetts. She enjoys living and practicing right here in the South Coast, providing a wide variety of professional and comprehensive services to individuals, families, businesses, and organizations.
- Massachusetts, 2003
- Rhode Island, 2003
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D. - 05/2003
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Salutorian; Honors Program
- Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, Massachusetts
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Psychology
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
Classes & Seminars
- The Probate Process from Start to Finish: Inventory & Appraisement, Handling Claims Against the Estate (presenter), National Business Institute (NBI), 7/25/2016
- Perry, Hicks, Deshaies & Mello, P.C., Partner, 2014 to 2015
- Perry, Hicks & Deshaies, P.C. (and predecessors), Associate, 2003 to 2013
- Mattapoisett Lions Club (President 2017-18; 1st Vice-President 2016-17; 2nd Vice-President 2015-16)
- Bristol County Probate & Family Court, Lawyer for the Day (Feb. 2016; March 2016)